- I'm all right. Really. I'm not great, but I'm all right. Thanks for all the calls, IMs, hugs and love yesterday, they helped a lot. As did dessert at La Fiorentina's and Avatar the Last Airbender with Jon.
- Today is scheduled to be nuts with teh packing and the work. May have to nip out in a bit for NOS. Or maybe just make myself some more coffee.
- it's snowing... huh. It like just started 20 minutes ago and the ground's already coated. Hm.
- Tea tree oil soap may just be the best shampoo ever invented for dreads, if you don't mind the smell. Actually even with the smell - you just have to be sure to stick your head under the water for like ten minutes to make sure it rinses out thoroughly.
- Music Music Music!!! Northern Kings are amazing and I just found out why. Has much to do with one of the singers from Nightwish fronting it. Awww yeahhhhh. Also, Apocalyptica. I've decided between them and Rasputina, cello just needs to be part of the standard rock band ensemble. Really I'm just a big fan of wall of sound, full orchestrated rock. I apparently actually need to see True Blood... I was already intrigued by the ads last fall and the prospect of Anna Paquin, who I've had something of an admiration for since The Piano, but Jon played Jace Everett's "Bad Things" for me last night and, well, it will be the first thing on my netflix queue when move time happens.
- Meat: no word yet on when the needles arrive. I think I need to call people tomorrow and figure out what's up. Meantime apparently the steroids seem to be treating me all right - no more ankle swelling/pinched nerves. Course I'm a little annoyed by the side effects, which are somehow more noticeable than when I was on the prednisone. I've been more of an emotional wreck lately (that could just be stress), I'm craving sugar and simple (c word that I refuse to use)s like HELL, and my reproductive system has decided that whatever schedule it's quietly been running on for the past near 20 years is obsolete now and it's more fun to start each week with a two day period. Um. What. No. No real sign that the intestines are about to go splode, but then again I felt pretty fine before the video camera revealed the jejunum full of potential Old Faithfuls, so me feeling okay may not be the best thing to go by. :P Decided I'm not going to worry too much about my weight - I'm too busy really to give it much thought, and besides, in a couple of weeks I'm going to be back in New York, Land of Walk Everywhere, and I rather fully expect whatever excess I'm carrying to pretty much fall off. It always does when I'm there for any significant period of time.
- I just realized my move date is the day Watchmen comes out... this is making me rather sad, considering who I assumed I'd be seeing it with when the first teasers dropped. Mew.
Lunch, then back to the grind... :P
ETA: aaaaaaaaaand back on the dragon wagon...