- Due to Dad and timecard/paycheck fail in the past couple of weeks, I had to juggle around some things schedule wise. Good news is I think I've got some things nailed down. So I will be in MA from May 8 (Friday) to the following Tuesdayish. So far other than going to work, a blood draw on Friday, a doc appointment on Monday afternoon and some hanging with captainlove on Sunday owing to not having Mothers Day plans, if people want to get together for lunch/dinner/ice cream/coffee/shooting the shit/murderous rampage, yell.
- It should be mandatory to listen to "The Humpty Dance" if you're having anything remotely oatmeal-like for breakfast. (In my case it was Cream of Wheat, but close enough.)
- Really done with the dismal weather, kthx. Can I get a 65 degree, sunny day? Preferably with no tree sex, but at day 4 of cold wetness, I'm willing to negotiate for a bit of sun up in herre.
- Figured out that a large part of the reason my weight kept notching up was due to water retention. Am now guzzling about 3 liters of water a day. I have to pee every forty five minutes, but the number on the scale is finally marching in the other direction. Need to seriously get more dead green things into my diet though. East Flatbush, land of Caribbean starch, arg. Though I did have a roti from Sybil's yesterday, and it was super delicious. Mmm, beef and curry pastry...
- Kinda amused and glad that the whole Swine Flu thing seems to be dying down. It shall heretofore be known as CDC Wank '09.
- ETA: Hit the wall with the reading jag I was on. This may be because my last two library books are completely failing to hold my interest and I don't really want to read them anymore. (Commitment Hour and Inda). On the other hand I will have an anthology of so-called "neo-weird fiction" waiting for me tomorrow, and hopefully I'll be able to pick up the next Sano Ichiro book, so that might help things. Plus they will give me something to read on the bus to and from.
- dragons: Still on the hunt for a gold. May suck it up and ask karnythia to breed me one.
- Time is still disappearing. I swear the last time I looked at the clock it read 9:45. Now it's 1:05. What the hell.
And now, time to shove the cat off the bed so I can make it. Then work like fiend. Then perhaps DDR.